Sunday, August 23, 2009

Peach pie















Many many years ago back in the land of California I entered a "pie contest" at a summer church fair. I made the crust from scratch and then dumped in a can of cherry pie filling. I wasn't thinking. I was young. I never imagined I'd win a ribbon AND that my brother would mock me for committing "pie fraud".

Yesterday I made this peach pie in a small-sized pie tin I found at an antique shop a few years ago. It's contest-worthy: made from scratch (crust and filling).

Note: Please excuse the lame photo. My big camera and computer are both in repair shops. I am anticipating their return(s) this week. Sigh.

7 comments:

Peggy in AZ said...

Yum! It looks good enough to win a pie contest. Maybe you should enter a cooking contest. You could win a million dollars in the Pillsbury contest(just saw that on the food network) Of course you would have to come up with a new twist to the peach pie. Oh heck just eat it and enjoy.

balmforth.family said...

Yummm peach pie is my favorite. Nobody in my family likes peach pie much so I never make it, but everytime my mom would come into town, I'd make her make me one (her's were the best) that way we could eat it together. YUMMM, why don't you make another one and we can get together and eat them.

Unknown said...

Just stopped at Bolton Orchards this morning, and picked up a bag of peaches! Had this exact thing in mind... FHE treat on the horizon!
:)

Unknown said...

It looks yummy. I love that your brother called you a pie fraud. Hopefully this post will redeem you in his eyes ;)

Becky said...

LAME picture? NOT! So you finally made your peach pie...who you sharing it with? Kinda wish I was at the big house....

LL said...

PIE FRAUD! hilarious.

Amy D said...

It looks scrumptious! Our peaches are beginning to ripen, so I'm hoping to make a peach pie too. Thanks for the inspiration!