Saturday, August 29, 2009

All-you-can-talk













One of my summer jobs during college was working for Customer Service at the phone company on Van Nuys Blvd. I greeted customers and helped them trouble-shoot their phone bill issues. I often directed them to phones on the wall that would dial a customer service agent (in an office behind the wall) who would hopefully help them solve their phone bill problems. One day I helped a man who showed me his phone bill that had a 880-minute long distance phone call on it!! That means talking for over 14 hours! I sure hope the poor guy got his bill taken care of. Now days doesn't everyone have an unlimited calling plan?

I was reminded of this story last night when I hung up from talking to my sister-in-law after 142 minutes! I'm glad it's all part of the plan.

4 comments:

Turbo said...

cool shot. That red phone is awesome

gigi said...

In 142 minutes did you save the world? Great photo of your phone.

Becky said...

AMEN to THAT! I love my phone and the unlimited minutes that I pay for. :)

LL said...

I do NOT love the phone, but I do indeed have the bundle....it's all unlimited (for a small fee)
You know, I'm considering canceling my home phone and just using the cell?!?
LOVE your red phone.