Saturday, August 29, 2009


One of my summer jobs during college was working for Customer Service at the phone company on Van Nuys Blvd. I greeted customers and helped them trouble-shoot their phone bill issues. I often directed them to phones on the wall that would dial a customer service agent (in an office behind the wall) who would hopefully help them solve their phone bill problems. One day I helped a man who showed me his phone bill that had a 880-minute long distance phone call on it!! That means talking for over 14 hours! I sure hope the poor guy got his bill taken care of. Now days doesn't everyone have an unlimited calling plan?

I was reminded of this story last night when I hung up from talking to my sister-in-law after 142 minutes! I'm glad it's all part of the plan.


Turbo said...

cool shot. That red phone is awesome

gigi said...

In 142 minutes did you save the world? Great photo of your phone.

Becky said...

AMEN to THAT! I love my phone and the unlimited minutes that I pay for. :)

LL said...

I do NOT love the phone, but I do indeed have the's all unlimited (for a small fee)
You know, I'm considering canceling my home phone and just using the cell?!?
LOVE your red phone.