Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Thanksgiving memory

I usually spend Thanksgiving at the LaPierres (this year I’m going away…details to follow) and there is always a big noisy fun crowd!  I always take rolls, my raspberry-cranberry jell-O and a game.  One year, about ten years ago, before dinner, a little three-year-old  boy went from appetizer to appetizer, sampling them all—cheese, crackers, olives, celery, carrots, pickles, dip…well, you get the picture.  As I watched him I kept thinking I think he’s had enough of that not-really-three-year-old food.  And I was right.  We had the blessing.  We lined up to get our food.  We crowded around the tables in the dining room (all thirty of us) to enjoy a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with friends.  I looked over and the little boy was filling his Thanksgiving plate with vomit!   

I yelled, “HAPPY THANKGIVING EVERYONE!!!”

9 comments:

LL said...

ohhh Ellen. THAT is sick and wrong. Were you able to eat after that? Makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.
You and your barf stories...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! :)
sick

rebecca said...

We are going to MISS you tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Oh, so sorry.
Left my barfy comment on the last post by accident. Here's to keeping the contents of tomorrow IN!

Becky said...

LOVE your barf stories, got any more up your sleeves??? :)

Melanie said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock!

Camille said...

ha ha ha.... I love your blog. This made my day!

balmforth.family said...

Lovely, I'm excited now.

Marilyn said...

That is so great!!!!!

Janika said...

You have to wonder if the three year old was actually on the verge of getting sick before he ate all that. Just think of all the germs he spread by touching/double-dipping? all that lovely food. Yikes! I'm glad you can even talk about this memory!