Sunday, November 02, 2008

Finding the sheep















My sister-in-law's friends are serving a mission in Ghana. This photo was in their weekly letter to friends and family.

"The Sunday before last we visited three small branches. When we arrived at Oposi—the Relief Society President and her counselor pulled up in their beautiful dresses on a motorcycle (Okadas). Their dedication is heart warming. They had gone to visit sisters who had not attended church that day. These people are so faithful, kind, and spiritual."

9 comments:

balmforth.family said...

How very cool.

allegra said...

how sweet of them. i think that would be such a cool place to serve.

i love your family photo shoots you've been doing recently! nice photos...and i loved seeing all the kids dressed up at your trunk or treat. there were some darling costumes.

thanks again for those photo cards. believe it or not i've already used 3 of the 4! you're a gem, and a sweet person

smart mama said...

That is neat.
Will I see you friday??
ps I met The first lady today- she was visiting our flock...

rebecca said...

how funny....my dad just sent me their blog. I think one of my cousin's kids is in that mission. It's such a fun blog to read....very inspiring.

Becky said...

what a great picture. any lady that rides a motorcycle in a dress is my kind of lady!:) are you coming friday??? pu-leeze?

Janae said...

what a great story.

Rebekah said...

This will be revealing how un-spiritual I am but I thought that the title of "Finding the sheep" meant that there was sheep somewhere in the photo. I enlarged it and for the life of me couldn't find any sheep! I think I'll go read my scriptures now.

Rae said...

What a great picture! We have a wonderful family in our ward from Ghana. They wear their cultural dress every so often. They always look so beautiful in their bright colors!

Christy said...

What a great experience! It's amazing how bonded we can feel to members from all over the world!