Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My implant (singular)

In March of '07 I cracked a tooth. The tooth was extracted and I got an implant (and dropped a pretty penny after my dental insurance paid for half of it). Since then I've had this "man-hole cover" or "hub cap" over it. A new year and little dental insurance and flexible spending dollars later, I am finally getting my crown. I went to the oral surgeon's office first for the removal of the hub cap and attachment of The Post (hammer hammer). Then I went to the dentist's office to be fitted for my (Miss America) crown. The impression goo was purple and nasty. I was gagging/choking/crying (a wee bit) all at the same time. Lest you think I've been hill-billying it for the last 18 months, the missing tooth is in the back half of my mouth and not too noticeable OR I would have taken care of this long ago.

Coming up in a few weeks: The Legend of the Crown

9 comments:

Becky said...

okay...i'm CRINGING! i hate going to the dentist, HATE.IT!!!

gigi said...

LOVE the gift from the tooth fairy! I've had an implant and no dental insurance so I know the tooth fairy needs to cough up a few thousand more of those dead Presidents :(
But once they are paid for they are wonderful to have.

LL said...

I just hope it's GOLD and you get a matching one for the front grill!
bling bling

amydear said...

Good thing you clarified about that singular implant. You totally strike me as the type to have some "work" done. NOT! Good luck with the dental work. It's never fun.

lauracita said...

how cute is that little dollar envelope!! can i commission you to make some for my daughter?!

Shelly B. said...

Implant...ha ha! Love it!

Unknown said...

You are a brave, brave woman. I ditched the dental chair last week because I was slated to have the same thing done. I ran! I could not go. I will need someone to hold my hand and rub my back. It's a very hard thing for me to feel excited about.

Janae said...

I am so glad you were able get it fixed. I wish I was there to have gone with you though.

amy said...

Atleast you got a dollar out of it.