Sunday, November 16, 2008

Random Sampler

--Today some members of the Trinity Church choir attended our church and sang along with our choir and congregation. It was wonderful and memorable.

--I invited a new friend at church over for dinner tonight. She is from Haiti and is very nice. Her English is good and I enjoyed getting to know her better. I always have room for a new friend on my bus.

--One of my friends moved to Korea last year. She emailed me this week to see if she could ship some of her Christmas presents for her kids to me so when her husband is in Boston in a few weeks he can pick them up and take them home. She left me voice mail (while I was in the laundry room). I called her back on a 801 number. I appreciate fancy technology.

10 comments:

jksfam said...

I was a little confused why she would ship stuff to you for her husband to just take back home - then I got it - she's going to have stuff she buys shipped to you so that he can take it when he's there (instead of shipping to Korea). Got it! Smart move! Sounds like you're staying busy as always!

Marilyn said...

That is so great that you have been successful with inviting another congregation to come sing with you. We are working on that here and it hasn't worked yet, but we aren't giving up!

gigi said...

My daddy was telling me last night that he had been to choir practice for the Christmas Cantata. I was telling him that it has been at least 10 years since we had a ward choir. Sad isn't it?

Unknown said...

Wow! I'd love to hear more about how the combined choir thing got going...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect Sunday.

Janae said...

That's really cool the trinity choir came to the A ward!

Melanie said...

Technology is definitely cool. I have an 801 number in Japan too.

Becky said...

glad i'm on your bus...:)

Wade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wade said...

I guess I am one of those you like to see tossed under the bus.