Monday, November 17, 2008

Dinner and a game

I dropped by a friend's house after work because she wanted to order some of my photocards. She invited me to stay for dinner. They play a game at dinner every night with their kids (ages 9, 7, 5 and 8 months). So we played "Mrs. Basghetti likes her spaghetti with ___ on top of it" and it was really fun. We went in age order and you had to remember the things everyone else said. Let's see if I can remember them all:

sugar
cheese
tomato sauce
marshmallows
anchovies
candy corn
candy
lettuce
hot fudge sauce
whipped cream
honey
a smushed head
olives

I can't! But I will remember how delicious the potato leek soup was (I need to get the recipe), how nice and well mannered the kids were, and that they are one of the coolest families I know.

7 comments:

Janae said...

Sounds fun!

LL said...

FUN! sounds like you did the same FHE as us....learning games from others.
perfect!

Becky said...

good times. not sure you would find well-mannered kids at my house. :) (j/k) my kids are angels - right?

smart mama said...

I am waiting for you to ge the recipe and make it for us

Unknown said...

I like that game!

Natalie said...

What a fun time.

gigi said...

I always loved that game. We use to play it on car trips and it was "I'm going on a trip and i'm going to pack ____ in my suitcase." It's good for little minds and adults as well.