Friday, March 25, 2011

Brain Tumor day

Fourteen years ago today my brother Robes was diagnosed with a brain tumor after complaining of changes in his vision, feeling nauseous, and having a metal taste in his mouth. A surgeon friend suggested he get an MRI and the next day he found out what had been causing his problems.


















This picture was taken the day he got home from Jackson Memorial Hospital after his first surgery--the day he found out the tumor was "malignant". That's Adrienne at only 22 months. He lived 18 months.

I miss Robes every day. Today I'd like to talk to him about BYU basketball. He was the Sports Editor at the Daily Universe for a few years. I'm pretty sure he would have been covering that game last night (he always covered NCAA playoff games) and would have been disappointed at the Cougars loss.

I'm thankful families can be together forever.

5 comments:

amy said...

It will be a sweet reunion!

cay said...

I hate brain tumors. Joe is coming up on his four year mark in a few weeks.

What is awesome is I feel like Robes is my friend because you talk about him often. It will be nice to find out his feelings about Jimmer one day in the great beyond.

LL said...

I was going to say the same as Cay....
I feel like Robes is a friend. You are SUCH an amazing person, you've shared a bit of his life with us.
I feel lucky to "know" him and YOU!

Mrs. said...

Me too Ellen. What a blessing we have to be with our loved ones again.

Amy D said...

What a hard day. I'm so sorry, Ellen. Thanks for sharing about Robes. He sounds like such an amazing man.