Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Deathwish Piano Movers






















When I bought my condo I hired Deathwish Piano Movers to move my upright piano (which used to be one of the pianos in this chapel). My friends that I bought the condo from had a HUGE roll-top desk they offered to me but I wasn't interested so we hired Deathwish to move the desk out and the piano in (we each paid $250). One of the guys met me at the condo in advance to see if the piano would fit through my front door and hallways since a crane couldn't get close enough to my big window (lots of pianos are craned through windows in Boston). He looked around and said there was a 90% chance they could move it in that way. Adrienne was in town helping me get settled and the two of us sat in the window sill, waiting and waiting, listening to the guys give each other instructions, and hoping that the piano would fit. And it did! Once the piano was in place, three guys lowered the big roll-top desk to one guy that was on the ground outside my window. I remember them yelling to him asking him if he was OK. I've since recommended Deathwish many times.

And now they have their own TV show!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

such an appropriate name...

Drewmeister said...

When I lived on the 2nd floor of a house, my roommate had her piano lifted in by crane. I don't know which company did it b/c I wasn't home, but the pictures were pretty cool.

LL said...

you couldn't pay me enough to be a mover.
HARD WORK!

gigi said...

How cool! We will have to look for their show!

Anonymous said...

hey... thanks for the plug... they are great hardworking guys and all attention they're getting lately has been really nice. Thanks for loving 'em... we do too!

A Deathwish wife

Natalie said...

I like the name. That's cool they are getting a t.v.show-now you will have to think of something for them to move so you can get on the show.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing
piano rental