Sunday, March 06, 2011

The lunch trucks


















The "MIT trucks" are well known around campus for cheap international food. I know people (with iron stomachs) who have bought lunch at the trucks a few days a week for years. And I also know people who won't get within 50 yards of them. I ate some sort of middle eastern food from a truck--once. It was not memorable.

There's a new truck in town: Clover.

When I take the T to work I walk by the Clover truck and have noticed their healthy food offerings. On Friday I heard someone say that they had seen the Clover truck on the Food Network. That sealed the deal so I walked over and bought lunch. I got a sweet potato/jicama sandwich with cilantro dressing for $5 that was delicious. I'll be going back. Maybe I'll try their popovers.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR THE BEST LDS FEMALE SOLO BLOGGER OF 2010. Tell your friends (I'm down by 7 votes).

5 comments:

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

well apparently "aimee the supermom" came out of nowhere.

Unknown said...

Does it only stop at MIT?

Red rover, red rover, send CLOVER right over!!

Melanie said...

They also have a Clover restaurant in Harvard Square.

Emily said...

Perhaps that can be our next MIT picnic? I'll get Clover and Bruce will have the $1.50 super nachos at the Joses truck in the parking spot next door.