Friday, March 26, 2010

Shrimp dish and a movie




















































Thirteen years ago my brother Robes was diagnosed with a brain tumor. That is nothing to celebrate but in honor of him (and his mad cooking skills and better-than-my-taste in movies) I made his cajun shrimp tonight (a first -- I've never cooked shrimp before), am watching "Patton" (which of course our mom took us to see in the theater in 1970) and missing him big time.

Note: the shrimp was delicious--I ate it with french bread (soaked in the juice).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A BIG hug to you, and I hope you have some more shrimp to eat today.
xoxo

Jodi and Jesse said...

Loks yummy...I need the recipe. I like your way of remembering Robes. Sounds like a good night.

Wendster said...

It's inspiring the way you love Robes and so often post about him and "celebrate" who he was/is.

Hug!!!