Sunday, March 28, 2010

the Kwons visit













































I turned around in the chapel today and recognized a family that lived in the ward 7 years ago. I think the dad was/is a judge in Korea and he studied at Harvard Law for one year before returning to Korea. They are now living in North Carolina for a year and they drove up to visit their old stomping ground. It was so great to see them. The ward has changed a lot but there were a few of us that they remembered. I'm trying to dig up some photos I took of them at the Temple right before they moved. I have one of the youngest girl that is one of my very favorite photos (I know...if it's a favorite why can't I find it...).

I love living in Boston for a lot of reasons. One of the reasons is that people that have lived here come back to visit. I always say, "If you lived in Dubuque, Iowa, you probably wouldn't want to go back but if you lived in Boston, it's a great place to visit."

Note: I hope none of my Iowa blog fans were offended by that comment.

9 comments:

balmforth.family said...

I think I remember them! What was their name?

balmforth.family said...

Never mind just read the title. HA sorry, it's late I'm tired.

Unknown said...

How do you know so much about Dubuque?
:)

M & S said...

It was great seeing them at church. Great pics!

Natasha and Jesse said...

Hello- You don't know me but I found your blog and I hope you don't mind me commenting. I see you live in Boston- Do you by any chance know Anna and Bryan Burt? They recently moved from Lexington, KY and he goes to MIT. Also, the LDS Institute director here in Lexington will be moving to Boston in June! I really enjoy the photos on your blog.

rebecca said...

I remember the Kwons very fondly...what a fun surprise! I wish I was at your ward yesterday. :)

Natasha and Jesse said...

Ha, I realized after commenting that Anna and Bryan's last name is Wilson (Burt was her maiden name). That's so cool that you know the Austins!

Janae said...

Amen sister. I can't wait for my visit!

Kim said...

Korean Mormons! Where do they live in Korea? Maybe we're neighbors?!