Monday, March 15, 2010

Carded (again)

One of my college roommates turned 21 so I thought I'd be clever and buy her a beer (AS A JOKE). I went to the 7-11 in Provo, Utah and got carded. I was so insulted. I was 21 and 9 days after all.

My roommate washed her hair with that bottle of beer.













Friday night I went to Target to buy some toiletry items (I had Flexible Spending Account money to spend) and I bought ALCOHOL-FREE cough syrup. And got carded. I asked the clerk how old she thought I was and she said thirty-five. This time I was flattered not insulted.

5 comments:

Ani said...

That happened to me last night! Kate was been super sick, and I made an emergency run to Target and got some cough stuff, and I was so confused when they asked to see my ID. I guess I have never bought cough medicine before!

Ani said...

ps. just came across the card you send me for my bday in janurary, and was reminded what a nice person you are. thanks again for that!

Chelsi Ritter said...

yeah, isn't it nice when people think you're younger than you are? there's definitely a point where that becomes nice. i think that point for me was 30. and now that i'm 31, people think i'm a grandma (see my march 9 post).

Natalie said...

That's totally what I guessed when I first met you too!! Isn't it funny how when you're young you want to look older and then you get older and you just want to look young.

barney's friend,, chris's sister said...

eah, remember that in a few months when we turn 50.
carla