Saturday, May 31, 2008

Achievement Days Fear Factor

I was asked if I'd take pictures at the Achievement Days Daddy-Daughter "Fear Factor" activity today. Each daddy and daughter were assigned a color t-shirt to wear. When they arrived they did Mad Libs and guessed the flavors of some Harry Potter Bertie Botts Beans (some of them were gross and I could tell by their faces!). Then we went outside.

One of the games was to crack open eggs and then hand them down a line and the last person put the egg in a cup. If the yolk didn't break they got a point. Messy!! Another game was to see who could chew gum and blow a bubble first. For the next game the dads put rain coats on and held a glass on their head and the girls were blindfolded and given a pitcher of ice water that they had to pour into the glass. After that the girls had to drink a small amount of lemon juice out of 4 paper cups (one at a time). A few of them got lemon juice in their eyes--ouch!

After the lemon juice game they brought out 4 bowls of plastic rats. One person had to pick the rat up with their teeth and fling it across the grass to their dad/daughter who had to catch it in a big bucket. That was hilarious! The funniest game was where one person had to put shaving cream all over their face and the other person threw cheetos at them and tried to get the most to stick! That game was really fun to watch! Who thinks of these things?!?

The last game was pretty funny too. There was a pie tin of whipping cream that had 6 gummy worms in it. The girls had to get the worms out with their mouth and then give it to their dads who had to eat them--without using their hands. Some of the dads didn't like gummy worms so their faces were pretty funny.

It was fun to watch everyone play these crazy games because no one had an advantage over anyone else. There are no expert bubble gum bubble blowers or plastic rat throwers in our ward. And, it was really fun to see the dads and daughters have so much fun together. I'm sure it was a favorite day for lots of them! And three cheers for the Achievement Day leaders (in the last photo). I'm sure they spent a lot of time planning the activity and gathering materials. It was really fun!!

11 comments:

Sweeney Household said...

That looks like it was a BLAST! Well done to the leaders, huh? And great pho-tos ep. ps. I love the new right-side addition to the Blog....

Blackeyedsue said...

I LOVE this. I am going to keep it in my folder of ideas if they EVER put me back into my FAVORITE calling EVER!

TFS!

rebecca said...

I am so glad you posted this, Ellen. I've got to teach AD in a few weeks and I just may try to pull this off. It looks like so much fun and I love that it was a daddy-daughter activity. The Rom.'s water pitcher picture is a riot! Kudos to the fearless 4 leaders....they are amazing!

balmforth.family said...

Those are so awesome. I feel some FHE activities in my future.

Sweetpea said...

Hillarious! Good shots, too. What a good idea. Step up from the Daddy/Daughter dance. Although I love those, too.

amy said...

What a great activity! What great pictures! It was fun to see some familiar faces. Arlington Ward Lives On!!

gigi said...

What a fun idea and especially for daddy daughter activity. Great pictures and I love a good slide show.

Diana said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the new additions to the blog...looks great!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like an amazing event for dads and daughters? Can anyone tell me where it took place and who the organizers are? It would make an idea story for our Dads of Daughters Only website.

Greg Gerber
International Affiliation of Men
Admired as Dads of Daughters Only
greg@iamadodo.com

Elisabeth said...

Those pictures are hilarious!

Watauga Relief Society said...

I could cry watching this, thanks Ellen! I miss you guys!