Friday, May 23, 2008

Two new shoes













And two new stories.

1. I was at Nordstrom's last night with my friend and we stopped in the shoe department (take note: it's their half-yearly sale). These orange shoes caught my eye and I tried one on, loved it, looked at the price tag ($34.90) and decided to buy them. [All the other sizes had price tags that said $49.90. I wasn't interested if they were $49.90.] I went to the register and the shoes rang up as $49.90. I mentioned to the salesman that the price tag on the shoe was $34.90, he looked at the sticker and replied, "then they are $34.90." Now that's customer service.

2. My mom was an elementary school teacher many years ago. When her students came to class wearing new shoes she would have them walk around the room while she recited this little poem:

When I am walking down the street, I do so like to watch my feet. Perhaps you do not know the news, my Mother has bought me fine new shoes.

When the left one steps I do not speak, I listen to its happy squeak.

I love my nifty new shoes.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cute shoes!

Frozen Cacti said...

Did you say sale on shoes? I'm so there!!!

Those are really cute shoes. They look comfy.

gigi said...

Those are really cute and to get them on sale is even better!

Cute poem too.

BunchesofBradys said...

Those are soooo cute! Way to go to get them cheap. They say ELLEN all over them.

Mandy said...

Hey, I went to the Nordie's sale, and I tried on those EXACT shoes . . . only in red. I wish they hadn't squished my monkey-toes, I would have bought them.

Sweeney Household said...

Your mom's little rhyme will be added to my collection of cute stuff to say. I thought they were baby shoes at 1st glance. You have small feet. Love the orange cousin.

Judy said...

When I was in first grade we learned this poem which we recited whenever someone wore new shoes:

Choosing Shoes

New shoes, new shoes,
Red and pink and blue shoes.
Tell me, what would you choose,
If they'd let us buy?

Buckle shoes, bow shoes,
Pretty pointy-toe shoes,
Strappy, cappy low shoes;
Let's have some to try.

Bright shoes, white shoes,
Dandy-dance-by-night shoes,
Perhaps-a-little-tight shoes,
Like some? So would I.

BUT

Flat shoes, fat shoes,
Stump-along-like-that shoes,
Wipe-them-on-the-mat shoes,
That's the sort they'll buy.
--Ffrida Wolfe

The Soulier Family said...

I WANT THOSE SHOES!

Sweetpea said...

I love your new shoes, too.