Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May 2008

Dear friends and family,

The Brain Tumor Society’s annual RIDE FOR RESEARCH is only two weeks away. My bike has been tuned up and I’ve been on my first training ride of the year. These three girls—Emma, Adrienne, and Tyler are the POWER OF PATTON”S ARMY—and are riding on the streets of Tualatin OR, Columbus OH, and Boca Raton FL to get ready for the Ride. Emma and Adrienne are my nieces and Tyler is Adrienne’s cousin. Emma and Tyler were babies when (Adrienne’s dad) their uncle Robes died. It looks like we will have our biggest team ever this year: my nephew Jamel (he’s 17), his uncle Rick, my brother Chuck, Tyler’s dad Stephen, and some local friends. The ride is on May 18th and we will be riding 25 miles through the beautiful Greater Boston suburbs of Waltham, Lincoln, Concord, and Weston (rain or shine!).

[Ride 2007: Emma 9, Adrienne 11, Tyler 9]

This is my tenth year doing the Ride and September 28th will mark ten years since my brother Robes died from an anaplastic astrocytoma. We continue to ride in his memory as well as in honor of the many others who are on the “BT Express” and for those like Robes who have not survived this disease.

The Ride for Research last year raised more than $2 million and 95% of these essential funds go straight to BTS programs and services. Over its history BTS has granted over $13 million in research funding. In addition, each year they help thousands of patients, survivors and caregivers cope with the challenges of a brain tumor diagnosis.

PATTON’S ARMY has a goal this year of raising $5,000. If you would like to support our team, please mail your check made out to The Brain Tumor Society in the enclosed envelope. You can also donate on-line (www.tbts.org – Ride for Research –donate – search for PATTON’S ARMY).

Help us advance the vision of the Brain Tumor Society: A WORLD WITHOUT BRAIN TUMORS.

Thank you very much!

Ellen Patton

PATTON’S ARMY

2 comments:

Wendster said...

I'll be cheering for you. I hope you reach your goal.
I would love to send money, but hubby just lost his job and I just gotta be extra responsible with every penny in my purse.
However, here's a day brightener, I just listed you a a fav blog at Wonderful World of Weiners (you should check her out. Way funny. Listed on my blogroll at my blog) so maybe you will get some extra eyes at your blog.
Helping out any way I can!
Good luck with your ride. Looking forward to photos.

The Soulier Family said...

What darling girls. Wish I could ride with you!
I'll be out there to watch!