Thursday, May 22, 2008

Welcome to the KOI

I have covered my kitchen cupboards with notes from friends and kids' artwork. When my brother was visiting last year he was sort-of making fun of all the things taped up and joked around that if he needed strength or encouragement he needed to go to the kitchen. After he left I found this quote on my chalkboard (and it's still there):

When in doubt, visit the kitchen.
--Gandhi

My brother wrote me a note a few months ago (hey -- I should tape it up on one of the cupboards!) and asked how the "KOI" was -- the Kitchen of Inspiration -- which inspired me to get this vinyl lettering.

7 comments:

Amy D said...

That's so cute! I love it!

gigi said...

I Love that! KOI

Sherene said...

What a cute idea, I'm liking the lettering idea!

Unknown said...

It looks Great!!

Very inspiring!

Judy said...

We have a similar collection of notes and artwork in Randy's office. Kids really love it when they come and they see their "stuff" on display. You're the greatest!

allegra said...

such a darling idea, and i love the letters. thanks for the mexican restaurant suggestion! well needed:)

Elisabeth said...

Ellen- where do you get your vinyl lettering?