Saturday, May 17, 2008

His 8th Ride

At the Brain Tumor Society Ride for Research nine years ago I rode behind a mom and son on a tag-along bike. Under the little boy's number it said "I'm riding for my dad." I'm not a big crier but that brought me to tears. When I got home that day I called my sister-in-law Kim and told her about it. She then told my nephew Jamel the story and he said, "I want to do the Ride next year. I'm going to have a Boston Box and will save money to buy an airline ticket." Jamel has done the Ride every year since then and we will keep doing the Ride as long as he and his sister Adrienne want to do it (and me too!). Tomorrow there will be 14 people riding with PATTON'S ARMY in hopes that the money we raise will advance the vision of The Brain Tumor Society: A WORLD WITHOUT BRAIN TUMORS.













This is a picture of Jamel at his first Ride.

4 comments:

Kim said...

You Go, Jamel!!

The Soulier Family said...

Go Patton's Army!!! We'll be cheering for you all.

amydear said...

Ride on, Patton's Army! I hope you have a great ride for a great cause.

Wendster said...

Awwwwwwww! That is a heart warming story.

Looking forward to the photos!