Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tradition...Tradition!

One Thanksgiving holiday my mom took two of us ("the reds"?) to Sacramento to visit her cousin and our SLC grandparents who were visiting her, and my dad stayed home with the other two kids. I remember getting a phone call on Thanksgiving day at Cousin Isabelle's house and it was my dad and brothers calling from DISNEYLAND! They went to Disneyland without us--on Thanksgiving Day! And, they said it wasn't even crowded! So for years after that, it was our Thanksgiving tradition. I think our friends the Eccles went with us a few times. This picture was taken on Thanksgiving as a possible Christmas card photo.
















My parents would give us money for lunch and point us in the direction of the stand that sold hot dogs and hamburgers and they would eat somewhere else (a nice turkey dinner) and we'd meet up after. It didn't take us long to realize we should ask to eat with them and then we all enjoyed a Thanksgiving meal!

It was fun to spend Thanksgiving at an un-crowded Disneyland!

2 comments:

Sandman said...

21 years ago today I spent one of the best Thanksgivings I've ever had. I stayed at the home of the worlds greatest Southern California tour guide. That day our tour guide took us to Disneyland, got us to the gate but the two of us Floridians balked at the gate, we didn't think it could compare to Disney World ... sorry, I don't think I realized what a strong family tradition it was ... but, I don't think we left a stone unturned in the L. A. area ... I remember we went to the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, and David Letterman was his only guest that night and Robert Palmer was the musical guest. We passed Bette Davis in her Rolls Royce (sp) a thousand times and saw a hundred "crack wagons." Seeing L. A. the Ellen Patton way is the only way. I'm thankful for EP!

Leslie said...

We went one year... when it was my bday. Bryce was in a stroller. It was fun. WE had trukey soup at the cafe near the main street flgapole.