Saturday, November 24, 2007

Merry Tuba Christmas

























































I went to the Tuba Concert at Fanueil Hall this afternoon. It was really cool. There were lots of baritone and tuba players -- the youngest was 11 and the oldest was 72! And, one guy had been performing at the concert for 22 years! My niece plays the tuba so at one point I called their number, held up my cell phone, and left a voice mail message of tubas playing "Drummer Boy" so she could enjoy it! I LOVE being downtown at Christmastime; I love the decorations and all the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I saw the sister missionaries there (they got the idea from my holiday list -- yeah!) and had a nice visit with them. I had pizza from Pizzeria Regina and then stopped at Starbucks for peppermint hot chocolate which I sipped as I was riding the subway back. It was really cold (30's) but worth it! I do something new each year for the holidays and this year it was the Tuba Concert!

4 comments:

Chelsi Ritter said...

i love the city during christmastime, too! all the decorations, displays, music, etc.

amydear said...

You always make me miss Boston. Maybe we'll have to move back this summer. Our friends the Wingates arrive in January. Not sure where they are moving, but keep an eye out for them!

Amy D said...

You make me miss Boston too! Can you research all the stuff to do here in Salt Lake too? We don't get out much... :) Hopefully, we're coming to Boston this summer (or maybe next) to show the boys around. We're so excited to come back!

Diana said...

The photo that shows Fanueil Hall in the tuba is awesome, Ellen! I love that one!