Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Legend of The Tin













I have three Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark tins that I use to transport baked goods to work. It is not uncommon for one of my co-workers to walk up to my desk and look around for the tin (and they don't hide their disappointment if they don't see it). If the tin is on my desk, it means one thing: it has home baked treats in it and that makes people happy.

Last night I made Pumpkin Whoopie Pies from Every Day with Rachael Ray. The recipe says it makes 12 which is definitely not enough so I doubled the recipe. It made 29 cookies (12+12=29) so I have plenty to share. The recipe called for pumpkin pie spice -- which I did not have -- so I tossed in some nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice (oops -- I forgot cinnamon). I'd give the cookies a B- and yes, I'd probably make them again.

My only issue: there was lots of extra whoopie.

6 comments:

Sandman said...

You can't go wrong making extra Whoopie!

African Kelli said...

that is so fun! I have a sweet little biscuit tin I use to transport goodies too!

jksfam said...

Chris took my comment!

jksfam said...

I also meant to say that those cookies look really yummy!!!

Wendster said...

Hi Ellen!
Do you know that I worked at that smilin Jack Jack O Lantern? Passing out the treats. Dustiest job I have ever done. But I sure loved it. It was my first "job" job ever. I love the photos of the cemetery, and what a clever purse. A tin is a great idea. I don't have one. Time to shop!

Kristin said...

They look so delicious! Kenley loves anything to do with pumpkins!