Saturday, July 14, 2007

The turbo trip to Maine

My coworker Diana said recently that she had never been to Maine so I told her I'd take her on the "Ellen Patton Tour of Maine". Today was the day! The weather was perfect and the only drawback was a little bit of nearing-the-tollbooth-traffic. This was our day:

--Shopped at L.L. Bean in Freeport (we were there almost 1.5 hours)
--Ate lobster rolls at Day's in Freeport (yum!)
--Visited the Bush compound in Kennebunkport
--Enjoyed blueberry pie at the Maine Diner in Wells
--A quick stop to do some antiquing in Ogunquit
--Bought taffy at Goldenrod in York Beach (and watched it being made in the window)
--Saw Nubble Light (lighthouse)
--Stopped at a farm stand to buy blueberries but the blueberries were from New Jersey (what?!?) so I bought cherries instead and Diana bought a peach and a tomato
--Shopped at the Crate & Barrel Outlet and Eddie Bauer Outlet in Kittery

and...we ended the day with dinner at Chick-Fil-A in the Burlington Mall!

P.S. We didn't see a moose. That was on our list too!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is one big boot!

Looks like you guys had fun...

Diana said...

I had so much fun, Ellen! Thank you thank you thank you!

Anonymous said...

I am coming again in Sept. You must give me a list of all your favorite places to see. Natalie and I went to Nubble and Perkins Cove when we were there in March, but I want to know where the good antique stores are! and the great fabric stores.
(Ben's mom)

Melanie said...

I am glad that you guys had such a nice time! and such good weather!! Next time count me in; that lobster roll looks too good to pass up!!

Wendster said...

Ooh! Please sign me up for the list of favorite places. I am still dreaming of returning to the East Coast for a visit some day with my husband. He has never seen it. Maybe I will send him on a few extra hikes while I hit those antique stores? I order my gingerbread house chocolate rocks from Goldenrod. They are the best!