Friday, July 13, 2007

Stinkin' cute


















My friend adopted a baby girl last year. Now that the adoption is final, Olivia is going to be blessed this Sunday (that's Mormon for christening). I wanted to make her something and decided on the Swing Swing Smock from bend-the-rules SEWING. The fabric is from the Dick & Jane collection. I was eyeing it at The Fabric Place the other night and went back tonight and bought a yard. The picture doesn't really do it justice; it's so stinkin' cute. I wish I had my own little kid to model the smock but they wouldn't be up this late (or would they...) so I'll use the hanger instead. Now I want to make smocks for everybody under 2 feet tall!

7 comments:

Wendster said...

That IS stinkin cute. Where do you find the time? Don't you sleep?

Wendy

Jodi and Jesse said...

Absolutely adorable! Olivia will look so cute in it!

shellydinger said...

Do you love that book? I'm really itching to get one.

Anonymous said...

So darling! I must have you too.....give us a review of the book! Are the projects beginner friendly?

Diana said...

You (and your made-up kid) are very nocturnally-saavy.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Carrie,
You should check this out for Lissie!
I could try and find the fabric!
(This is bad to communicate to someone else through your blogt ep)

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smock is such a fun word, isn't it! LOL! This is seriously adorable. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) Um....I have an "under 2 footer" Oh wait. Maybe not. LOL! Nevermind. I think she's a 2 1/2 footer. LOL! Dang! ;-)