Thursday, November 26, 2009

This pie













I've been drooling over this pie for a few weeks (I think I printed the recipe 4 times!) and made it today for Thanksgiving dinner. I haven't eaten dessert since August 31st (no cookies, cake, pie, brownies, ice cream OR candy). More about that on another post. I have, however, been eating dessert in Vermont and this pie did not disappoint. Next time I think I'll make more of the chocolate layer and maybe try real whipped cream on top. It's delicious. I'm going to go grab another slab!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Mmm. Pie.
Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!
Thanks to you, we are headed to Tuba Christmas today.

Sweeney Household said...

YUM! way to go on giving up the sweets for such a long time. Holy Cow. You even have a dish of candy at your house & have hosted parties that included treats (some you made). How on earth can you do that? If it is in front of me, I EAT. I'm glad you're enjoying some SUGAR. :)

Becky said...

I'm SO proud of you!!! No dessert for THAT long? WOW! Enjoy.

Chelsi Ritter said...

oooooh that looks tasty! and vermont sounds great, too. i can't believe you hadn't eaten sweets since august 31st! that's crazy! please tell me how you did it. i need facts!

Unknown said...

If you're going to fall off the wagon, it should definitely be in THAT pie.