Monday, November 09, 2009

My night















I was heading to my friend's house (43 miles away) to get a hair cut tonight and stopped for gas about a mile from my condo. When I got back in the car, it didn't start. I'm mildly annoyed because Bluebell was just in the shop on Thursday. They told me then that the car needs some additional work (in the next month) so I'm hoping they can fix everything tomorrow. And I guess riding the bus won't be so bad.

It's almost Thanksgiving. So here are three things I'm thankful for tonight:

Being close to home when my car died.
AAA.
Friends who rescued me.

Note: That tow truck was cool and the driver was very nice.

12 comments:

Kristin said...

Car trouble is the worst! Why does it always seem to happen at night! Hope all goes well :)

LL said...

GET BETTER SOON BLUEBELL!!!!
sooo glad you were close to home when that happened. ALTHOUGH, we do have a guest bedroom :)

rebecca said...

Breaking down close to home is a tender mercy:)
My van's front right ball joint broke last Wednesday. NOT fun. But I was puttering along at a low speed, got help, rode in a police car with Wes & Caroline, car towed, etc. Wayne was going to drive the van to the temple that night. Had the ball joint broke on the Pike it would have been a disaster & could have been a very scary situation.
I hope bluebell gets the help she needs and you get your cute LL haircut soon:)

Unknown said...

Poor Bluebell. Although, now you will have great bus stories!

Wendster said...

Poor bluebell!

And that IS a cool tow truck.

How lucky that you were so close to home and your friends were there to help.

Wendster said...

So how did your photo card parties go? I was just looking at the lovely photo cards you sent me the other day thinking: When am I going to get around to sending Ellen mail?
I never seem to get past the feeling of being snowed under at my house. I don't know how you manage to do it all. But I am sure glad you do, because I sure loved my cards and recipe book. Thank you thank you thank you.

Becky said...

NO!!!! Hate when that happens. And I HOPE that your bill isn't TOO much.

Unknown said...

get better soon bluebell!

African Kelli said...

Bluebell! Perk up! You are much loved.

allegra said...

argh. car troubles. so sorry!

Sweeney Household said...

Honda CRV in your future? Get a lottery ticket. HA!

Swoopref said...

I was just trying to think of a place where you would not have any friends nearby...

Is there such a place?