Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Subway reading



















I enjoy reading. I mostly read on the subway which ends up being 12-15 minutes each way (which isn't much) and that's if I get a seat. I've gotten quite a few library books recently but can't get through them because I hardly ever read at home. Last week all I wanted to do was FINISH A BOOK! And, I did (I think being home sick one day helped out!). The book was The Wednesday Sisters. I started reading another library book called Under the Table: Saucy Tales from Culinary School that I had hanging around but it was due today so I returned it. Last month I looked into getting The Help from the library but there were a number of holds. It's gotten very good reviews. I emailed a bunch of friends to see if anyone had it (no one did). When I called the library they said they had a copy in the "Read it Now" section so I dashed to the library after work and checked it out but it was only for two weeks. I got partway through the book and then had to return it. I had to wait 24 hours before checking it out again and someone snagged it. Reading a half hour a day, 3-4 days a week, doesn't add up very fast so I can't seem to get through books very quickly. Tonight I went to Target to get dryer sheets, milk and my own copy of The Help.

Note: Sorry about the boring post. Who photographs their new book for their blog?!

9 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I've heard that's good too. and I don't think that's a boring post- I'm always interested in what people are reading!

Heather Parry said...

I listened to The Help on my iPod and I loved it! It's nice, easy fiction but is about a troubling time in our nation's history. Having grown up in the South I'm always interested in a good book about southern women. I hope you like the ending!

rebecca said...

Ellen, you crack me up. So, what did you think of the books? Reviews, please:)

B Flat Major said...

Loved, loved, loved The Help. Totally worth spending money on your own copy!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Always love a recommendation~

Unknown said...

Funny! I gave up waiting for a copy as well, so I bought mine from B&N. Then I had to go to the library for a meeting this week, and THERE IT WAS! Just sitting up on a display, waiting to be checked out. I was feeling flustered, so I checked it out and haven't decided if I'm going to gift my copy to someone now.

Shauna said...

I've got that book on request at the library too! Can I borrow your copy when you are finished with it?

Sweetpea said...

It's such a great book! Not a boring post, we just read this for our book club, it was a great discussion. I couldn't put that book down!

Courtney said...

I loved that book!