Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Call Waiting













I have never been a fan of call waiting. I had to get it recently because my condo buzzer is now connected to my home phone. And of course my cell phone has call waiting. I have trouble with which button you push so you don't hang up on one of the callers. So what do I usually do? I tell the person I'm talking to that someone else is calling and ask if I can call them back. Hmmm...isn't the reason we have call waiting so we don't have to do that?!?

6 comments:

Stefani said...

i hate call waiting too - when i decide to try it, i always hang up on the original caller..... i usually end up ignoring the call coming in - it just feels rude to say, "excuse me, i want to see if the person calling in the middle of our conversation is more interesting than you, please hold for a minute".... :)

Becky said...

Love your red phone. :)

LL said...

call waiting causes me stress :)
I will ask the person to hold if I'm waiting for a call. Otherwise, I ignore it.
Wanna know what bugs me worse than call waiting??? People talking to someone else while they're on the phone with you...like their kids (or in your case, your grandkids) ;-)

Sandman said...

For me, call waiting is an indication that I will likely have a message in my voice mail when I finish the call I'm on. I NEVER put a person on hold to take another call. If someone puts me on hold while they take another call, I usually hang up. I have to be #1!!!

Katie said...

In my opinion, the purpose of "call waiting" is so that the second caller gets voicemail instead of a busy signal. I'm inevitably hang up on someone if I do otherwise.

Swoopref said...

I so hate it going to the phone... I rang a doorbell and after the intercom saying hello the person said, "Where are you?" ... having never come across this before, I thought they were joking. I was like, "Where do you think I am?" (They were at work and I was at their front door.)