Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Blind Side


















Big movie weekend. Tonight I saw The Blind Side. My friends and I planned on seeing the 9:15pm show and it sold out right before we got to the front of the line. Plan B was a quick trip to Target and then the 10:30pm showing at a nearby theater.

I loved the movie. I'm a sucker for movies based on true stories, especially sports stories. And I've said for years that most of our country's social problems are not going to be solved by programs--they will be solved by individuals helping other individuals. And this movie is proof of that. I even cried. I cried because it was a great story and I cried because I wish I could call my brother Robes tonight and tell him to be sure to see it (though if he was alive he probably would have already written an article about Michael Oher).

Go see The Blind Side. And see it before you see New Moon.

6 comments:

Swoopref said...

Didn`t you cry during Pirates of the Caribbean as well? I heard the Thirsty/New Moon party was a big hit.

LL said...

Good to know. New Moon does NOT interest me...THIS does!
Glad you enjoyed it. You're a PARTY ANIMAL!

Unknown said...

ditto LL.
I had seen the trailer for this movie many months ago, and look forward to seeing it.
There's no question that I'll cry... it's just who I am.
;)

gigi said...

No chance of me even seeing that other movie but the Blind side is my Thanksgiving weekend movie and I can't wait!

Becky said...

I'm glad you saw it and I'm sorry that your heart was a little tender in regards to your brother. I bet he was there...

Melanie said...

I had hoped this movie was good; the story is so inspiring. The woman on whom the story is based sounds like an interesting person.