Friday, September 08, 2006

Whose sock is this?

I bought a condo last year. It is one of 70 units in an old converted high school in Lexington, Mass. I'm disappointed that I don't have my own washer and dryer (though central air, my huge crawl space, and 18 foot ceilings are a good trade off!). I thought I wanted to put hook-ups in my upstairs closet until I got the estimate from a plumber: $2,795.00 and that doesn't include patching up the walls, only the plumbing. I've decided that even if I had a spare $2,795.00, I'd rather travel than have my own washer and dryer. The biggest advantage to using the laundry room in my building is that I can do three loads of wash at once. I usually start around 11:00pm (shhhhhh---don't tell anyone) and I never see anyone in the laundry room at that time because all my neighbors are already in REM sleep. There are two disadvantages. The trips to the bank for rolls of quarters and finding other people's clothes mixed in with my laundry. I said "ewwwwwwwwwwwww" when I found this sock in my drawer yesterday and my first inclination was to throw it away. Then I realized that someone may be looking for the other sock in their pair. So, I'll tip-toe into the laundry room later tonight and leave The Sock.

2 comments:

Dawnyel said...

That's outragous for plumbing. Man! I'd have to stick with the public laundry room too! They should have a lost and found in your laundry room...just in case someone needs to retrieve a sock! :)
I love that you do laundry late at night! That's the best time to do it!

Anonymous said...

HEY! That looks like my husband's sox! I wonder what he was doing in the laundry room?