Saturday, September 09, 2006

All 50 states

My friend's mother Sheryl is in town helping out while my friend's husband is recovering from surgery. I thought Sheryl might like a break so asked if she wanted to go for a drive. Then I thought a day trip would be more fun so I asked her if she had ever been to Maine. She said, "Maine is the only state I haven't been to." Uh...WE'RE GOING!

We just got home from the "EP abbreviated Tour of Maine". We stopped at a local craft fair, did some antiquing (she found a really cool antique butcher paper holder/cutter and I found more $1 bottles), had lunch (the Egg & I in Ogunquit), walked around York Beach (I bought some peppermint taffy at Goldenrod) and saw Nubble Light.

I'm happy to report that Sheryl has now been to all 50 states!!

1 comment:

tmk said...

The final state, thanks to Ellen Patton, tour guide extraordinaire!