Thursday, September 21, 2006

98.6

I didn’t feel very well last night. Feverish sick like I should take my temperature. One problem. My friend used my thermometer a month or so ago and then found out she had viral meningitis (http://lambie-pie.blogspot.com/2006/08/viral-what.html) I didn't have any alcohol to clean it so it’s been sitting on a shelf. I asked around (OK, I asked two friends) and the general consensus was don’t use it. So I went to Walgreens last night and bought the cheapest digital thermometer for $4.99. I took my temperature last night: 97.4. What does that mean?! I took it again this morning: 98.2. Am I sick? Am I alive?

I am returning the cheap-O thermometer and will buy a more expensive (better?) one. And, I will try to find out how to dispose of an old mercury thermometer. I better feel better soon. I’m in charge of the ward Clambake on Saturday!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Meningitis is Meningitis.

I agree...it is better to use a new one!

Swoopref said...

A few steamahs is probably just what you need.

Dawnyel said...

You are WAY too cool for that thermometer....*haha* I crack myself up sometimes....
I don't know if I'd trust it tho...Sounds like you have a good plan going there!

Anonymous said...

Ellen,
Come on over (across the hall) next time something like that happends. I have the kind of thermometer that you put in your ear for one second and it is very accurate. Of course, we do go to bed before 10:00 PM so that is a drawback to this plan...
But if you really feel crumby just wake me up! We also have grape flavored Tylenol :)

Luna and Co.

Elisabeth said...

Sorry I wrecked your thermometer E!
Love E
ps hope the clambake was fun and dry!