Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sharon's peach cobbler














My dad sent me this recipe and has been nudging me to make it. He insists it's over-the-top, best-ever delicious. I bought some peaches last week, let them ripen in a brown bag, and then they were rotten. So I bought more peaches and monitored them better and decided tonight was the night. He was right. Wherever you are Sharon, your peach cobbler is delicious.

Sharon's Peach Cobbler
5 to 6 cups sliced peaches
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (divided)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup 2 percent milk
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place peaches in a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix melted butter, vanilla and milk together. Combine the two mixtures and mix until blended. Spread over top of peaches. Mix water with remaining 1 cup sugar and pour over batter in pan. Bake about 1 hour, until topping is golden brown.

1 comment:

Dawnyel said...

Sounds YUMMO! I may have to buy myself some of these ingredients (we inherited some fresh peaches this last week!!) I'm salivating at the thought!