Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Mary Poppins and the Food Network

Occasionally I babysit for friends.

Usually my friends tell me I can eat anything I can find. But it's not their food that I'm interested in. I'm interested in the Food Network on their cable TV. I have Crappy Cable. FREE Crappy Cable. So I can't really call the Cable Company and complain about my Cable or I'm sure it will not be free anymore. So I get my Cable fix when I babysit.

My favorite shows are "$40 a Day" and "Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels". One time Rachael Ray went to a diner in Portland, Maine and I had eaten there! Tonight Rachael was eating for $40 a Day in Salem, Oregon.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ad/0,1976,FOOD_9947,00.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ry/0,2677,FOOD_23076,00.html

So if I ask if you have Cable the next question may be "Can I babysit your kids sometime?"!

5 comments:

Elisabeth said...

You can come over and watch my kids and the Food Network anytime! In fact, you can come over and just watch the FN anytime. My favorite shows are Everyday Italian, Rachel Ray 30 minute Meals, and Paula's homecooking. I also like Barefoot Contessa, and there is another cool show on it, Sugar Rush, which you would love, all about baking! I never had good cable before either and now I am addicted to FN and another phenomenon- House Flip and Property Ladder, about people that buy houses and fix them up and resell them for a profit. Those shows are totally addictive, I love them!

Blackeyedsue said...

I am addicted to the Food Network. In fact, I have been working on a post about it for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time. I just can't put my love into words. We should have a party Ellen. We would make all sorts of things with spices and really good ingredients and then we could sit and bask in the brilliance of Alton Brown.

Anonymous said...

dude. we don't even have free crappy cable. no local channels...nuttin'. i'm losing my mind. i asked my husband for tv for my bday... he laughed at me. I'm in hell without Food Network. Seriously.
P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Dawnyel said...

I SO watched that last night...well, the last part...when it was over and she was eating those seafood tacos (blasphemy!) I love my crappy free cable! :)
Have you watched "Good Eats?" LOVE that show!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! Come on over and watch cable T.V. Ellen! You can even wear your pajamas and bunny slippers (if you have them). Scout and Luka are asleep between 7 - 7:30.

-Luna

PS. I am enjoying your photos and blog! FUN!!