Thursday, September 07, 2006

"These are a few of my favorite things"

Almost every morning someone is playing music at Alewife, the subway station. Often it is a duo playing guitar and saxophone. They are really good musicians. Takes one to know one (I played the clarinet in jr. high and high school---hahaha!!). They sell CDs and have their music cases open for donations. It's part of the Boston subway scene. Today the guys were playing a peppy version of "My Favorite Things". I had a skip in my step and was humming along...and thinking of my favorite things (in no particular order)...friends, family, reading on the subway, baking, sharing my baked goods, shooting (pictures), writing notes, mailing articles to friends, getting letters from my pen pals, making cards, watching movies, sightseeing in New England, my big window, my red refrigerator, red toaster, red bread box, red spatula and red kitchen aid, rain, riding my bike, running shoes, antiquing in Maine, quilting, finding cool 30's reproduction fabric, staying up late, talking on the phone, planning activities, apple picking, eating lobster, ice cream, and of course blogging!

3 comments:

Dawnyel said...

HEY! I love rain too! (I'm guessing your favorite color is red! :)
Thanks for visiting my blog! :) I'm glad someone else (besides me) enjoys it!

anna said...

Ellen,

My aunt makes a list of her 100 favorite things every year and puts it in her scrapbook - it's fun to see how it changes. I tried it once in college, spending days and days compiling my list - it was so much fun!

Mama D said...

Eating Lobster!! Oh yeah!