Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Dessert before dinner

My friends Valerie and Scott Pingree, that used to live here, were visiting tonight. Valerie is my sister-in-law's sister-in-law's sister. We just say we're cousins. The plan was to go out to dinner and hit Kimballs before they close at 9:00pm. It looked like if we had dinner first we might not make it to Kimballs so we went there first. This wasn't the first time I had dessert before dinner. Valerie and I got Gingersnap Molasses ice cream. Scott got strawberry kiwi sorbet. I asked if Valerie wanted to split a kiddie cone. She glared at me and said NO WAY. She came all the way from Utah to get that ice cream. And, she's pregnant. So we each got our own. She and Scott enjoyed every spoonful. I ate about a third of mine and dumped the rest before going into Bertucci's for dinner.

I always have time for good friends and ice cream.

No comments: