Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Shooting hoops



















My niece Adrie is playing basketball on a league team which has caused me to pause and reflect on my basketball days. [Good thing I wrote all my teammates' names on the back and the front of the photo.] We were the mighty Van Nuys Third Ward Beehive team! We didn't have uniforms (obviously); we wore some homemade "pennies" over our shirts that had our numbers on them (you can see one below the basketball that Carol Hipsley is holding). And not-for-nothing, but I think Debbie and Denise Klawitter were the original "twin towers".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you're so funny! did the twin towers turn out to be taller
than 5' 6"?

Melanie said...

That is so cool that you have pictures of your Beehive basketball team. I never did a good job taking pictures until college.

Melanie said...

LN?? I am so using that from now on.