Monday, October 06, 2008

Another wrong name

You may have read this post last year about how I like wrong names. Today I got this email from my sister-in-law about my nephew:

JAMEL just called furious because he registered to vote in August and his card still hasn't come. I told him I saw it open on the counter and put it away for safe keeping. He said, "Mom, why didn't you tell me? I just got off the phone with the woman and she said I'm not registered and I have to go back down there right now!" I pulled it out of my pile of safe keeping to see if I was mistaken. "Here it is," I said. "Your voter registration card for JARNEL W. Patton.


6 comments:

gigi said...

It doesn't take much to confuse the voter registration office! Good luck Jamel.

Becky said...

HHHHHAAAAHHHH! I'm laughing hard! It really bugs me when people get names wrong. For me? I HATE it when people call me Betsy. YUCK!

Leslie said...

Tell him I'm sorry. My last name is always spelled wrong. I spelled it wrong the first time I met my husband. I have my journal to prove it.

Janae said...

I'm always impressed how independent Kim's kids are. Good for Jamel to take the initiative to call the voter registration office looking for his card.

Sandman said...

Good luck Jarnel that your aunt will ever forget that mistake!

I worked one summer at Griffis Steel as "assistant" to their mechanic, a very old, kind, gentle black man and it didn't matter how many times I told him my name was Sandy he still called me Stanley.

I like a good name flub myself!

Juliet said...

I read your post earlier this week and then that same day pulled out my Costco card to order a new camera online. When looking for my member number I discovered my card, which I have had for several years, said I was Julia!! I had never noticed . . .