Saturday, October 25, 2008

Apple pie #1 and Apple pie #2







































My friend, "Sister", came over today and we baked apple pies. I have these cute little antique pie tins that are about 8" round so we made two of those. Her husband Lein peeled/cored/sliced all the apples with one of these (don't feel like you have to buy one at W-S). We also made what Lein called "snackies" which is pie crust dough with cinnamon sugar on top baked for 10 minutes (I had never made those before--can you believe it?!).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget the pies - what great hair!

rebecca said...

YUM! We just polished off our first apple pie yesterday.
PS. love the apron!

kjsdad said...

I'm sure the pies were good. My Mom used to make snackies when she baked pies. I don't remember the pies, just the snackies. And I definitely agree about the hair! Sorry I missed you in Portland.

Dad

Camille said...

those pies sure look good! i had to make snackies, too, when i made my pies the other day. my mom made them when i was growing up, and we called them cinnamon and sugar twists. snackies is shorter and easier- i think i'll call them that from now on.

Becky said...

hey...could we taste one of these at our next par-tay? :)

Anonymous said...

Those two pies could win a blue ribbon at our county fair!!! Beautiful!

Natalie said...

My grandma taught me to do the same with leftover pie crust. Why waste it when you can make a small yummy treat with it.

p.s. I miss all the yummy apples.

Judy said...

My kids still beg me to make snackies when they come home. The pies look great. I seriously cannot eat a store-bought apple pie!

Amy D said...

We're pretty boring around here. We just call them "pie crust cookies." So yummy!