Friday, October 03, 2008

Locked or broken










Last night I went to use my dishwasher and it didn't work (it's not very old). What can go wrong next?!? The green light by the Heat Dry button was on but I couldn't get the dishwasher to start. I pushed every button (a few times) which only made me more frustrated. I called my home teacher (who has a Ph.D. from Stanford in electrical engineering and did a postdoc at MIT--surely he can fix anything!) and he came over tonight with his tools and entourage (wife and kids). He took one look at the dishwasher and said it would be easy to fix. Somehow I LOCKED the dishwasher (see the little lock by the Heat Dry button?!). He held the button down and reset the dishwasher and now it works. As he was leaving I told him that would count for his visit this month. Maybe November too!! Thanks, Jamie!!!

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

Don't we wish that all things were that simple to fix. Kudos to a great home teacher at work.

Anonymous said...

Can you send him over to my house next?

Unknown said...

That makes me laugh. Same thing happened at our house--didn't even know there was a lock feature on the thing!

Elisabeth said...

Hooray for home teachers! Hope you're recovering ok from your fall. We went to a couple of fun quilt shops yesterday.

smart mama said...

thats what you get for underuse-- trying to gear it up for the extravaganza!

Becky said...

wish i had a dishwasher that was working...(pout)...it's painful when you don't have it. can't wait for tonight!

klap said...

there's another guy named Jamie out there?!?! They should start a club...or a support group!

CMHill said...

Thats a great story. I miss the clambake:(, even if it was in the gym.

Swoopref said...

You are funny Katy...

We are old school over here as well, (no dishwasher).

Go Red Sox!