Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mat's dream

My friend Mat approached me last Sunday and asked if I'd help him with one of his dreams. He wanted my help getting some family pictures (that I took a month ago) framed for their home. That night we spent a few hours going through the photos on his computer and choosing some to frame. Tuesday I left work early to order the reprints (my favorite film store closes before I can get there after work) and Wednesday I left work early to pick up the reprints (thanks to Cameras Inc. for the speedy service) and choose some frames. My friend at the store helped me put the pictures in some ready-made frames and I delivered them Wednesday night. I will never forget Mat's smile when he saw their family pictures framed. Tonight I went over to help Mat hang some of the pictures. They look great and he's so happy with how they turned out! The project will be finished in a few days when I deliver the 16x20 picture that is being custom framed that will go above their fireplace in their living room. Dreams do come true.



4 comments:

rebecca said...

So very nice.

Sweeney Household said...

Cousin, you know how to make someone cry! Your photos & your eye for taking family pics is a gift.

Janae said...

So nice. I'm glad they have such a good friend.

Amy D said...

I know that film store! Glad to know I haven't been replaced as your "runner." :) That was a really sweet thing of you to do for Mat and Kimberly. What a treasure.