Monday, July 14, 2008

I hoped I'd see him again...

When my nephew went on his mission last year I decided that if I ever saw missionaries I needed to introduce myself and talk to them. Last Monday I saw two missionaries in the subway station. I followed them onto the train and introduced myself to one of them. I asked where he was from. "Southern California" was his answer (about an hour from where I'm from). I looked down to see his name and was pleasantly surprised to see:















The missionaries were on their way to do some service and I was on my way to work. We had a nice visit (where have you served, how long have you been in Boston, etc.) until I hopped off the train and headed to work. I didn't get far before I realized that I should have taken a picture of his missionary tag. Darn!

Fast forward to tonight. I was walking to my car which was parked on my friend's street near the subway station. I looked ahead of me and there were two missionaries walking towards me. I was hoping it was Elder PattEn (he lives in that neighborhood) and it was! I got my camera out, greeted him and asked if I could take a picture of his tag ---for my blog!

4 comments:

Amy D said...

No way!!! I never see the same two missionaries twice around here. You were one lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

i think he served in the belmont ward for a while.

gigi said...

Well, how cool is that? Only you could have such a neat experience. Twice.

Wendster said...

I'm not quite clear. That was your nephew you saw, yes?

But he didn't hop up and down and say: "oh my gosh!!! It's my aunt Ellen!!!"

Or was it just another elder with a similar name?