Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dressmaker, Dressmaker, make me a dress













Last year I offered to make my friend's daughter Zoe a dress to wear after she was baptized. Zoe picked out the pattern and fabric and after the dress was made we discovered it was too big. [Do I even need to say that I never took a pattern fitting class...?] Sunday before last Zoe came running up to me after church and she was wearing the dress! It looked so cute on her and she was beaming. A few minutes later I was talking to a friend and her daughter started whispering something to her and then said to me, "Would you make me a dress?" I'm such a sucker for baking and sewing requests! I told her I would and a few days later went over to measure her. When I got to her house her mom said that her younger daughter was asking if I'd make her a dress too. Of course I agreed. I measured the girls and asked what their favorite colors were. The twist in the story is that these girls are moving on Thursday. I bought patterns and fabric on Saturday. I cut the dresses out Sunday. And tonight (it's Monday) I made the dresses. I still have a few things to finish on each one but when I go to visit them tomorrow (Tuesday) we'll know if the dresses fit or not and if they don't fit I sure hope the girls like cloth napkins!

6 comments:

Minna Dyer said...

My, you are one industrious and crafty woman!
Do you make toddler dresses? : )

Diana said...

I'll take one in a size 6 (I wish)!

Sarah said...

You amaze me! When are you going to start teaching classes on dressmaking and all your other crafty things? When you do, sign me up!

Amy D said...

That's so nice of you!

Unknown said...

You are pretty amazing!

Anonymous said...

You are the nicest person I know. You always do the nicest things for people.