Friday, February 23, 2007

They never did that at BYU...




Yesterday at work all of a sudden I heard this LOUD noise. My coworker exclaimed, "IT'S THE MEN'S SWIM TEAM!!!" Huh? I followed the noise and found them -- the Men's Swim Team -- speedo-ly clad, yelling and screaming and hitting the wall with flotation devices. It was quite a sight!! The team yelled a cheer, everyone clapped and then I went back to my office. A few minutes later I heard the LOUD noise again and sure enough the Men's Swim Team was heading down the hall in front of our office. It was really fun to watch them cheer and yell. I guess swim team season is under way. I snapped a few photos on my camera phone and will add them later.

Tonight was the "Postcards from MIT" show and sale. My photographs and quilt art were a nice addition to the collection of over 100 postcards. I bought a really cool oil painting of a red headed woman in a green hat.

Only at MIT...

4 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

The benefits of your new job continue to add up!

Boston Paynes said...

Now that is priceless

African Kelli said...

who knew MIT had a swim team? I'm sorry to say, I didn't! And my best friend goes to MIT!

How did your postcards and art do?
As a proud owner of some of your work, I am guessing they did very well.

Anonymous said...

Ooho...such a SHAME they never did that at BYU. LOL!