Thursday, February 22, 2007

Quilt art














Postcards from MIT
is an art project where all members of the MIT community (Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni) are invited to submit a 4x6 inch original piece of artwork (with your signature on the back). Today is the deadline and the "show and sale" is Friday night (the postcards sell for $15 each and the money will benefit Rosie's Place). A few weeks ago I submitted 5 photographs and last night I made these quilt postcards (inspired by Denyse Schmidt). These were the only fabric art they had received so I made 5 more tonight. I think they're pretty nifty and I hope someone else does too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your postcards! The fabric colors look so great together! I am sure someone will snatch them up right away!

Elisabeth said...

I love those! What a great way to use up scraps. I hope MIT earns lots of money,
E

jane maynard said...

awesome idea! LOVE IT. you should sell those for TWICE as much... especially since it's for rosie. :)