Monday, February 26, 2007

Run And Tell (RAT)

This morning I was at work minding my own business and working on the computer when I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I turned and saw it: a small RAT (or big mouse) scurrying around the doorway and into the office. I immediately alerted my coworkers (no, I did not scream) and called Facilities. Seeing a little critter will jump start your (heart and) day! While we were waiting for Facilities to show up (with our feet off the ground) the rat headed back out the door. My coworker shrieked and the rat stopped, turned around (did he look at her?!), and headed back into the office and behind some file cabinets or under the copier where it had been hanging out for a little while. A few minutes later he headed back out the door and to the left. I had turned my camera phone in hopes of getting a shot but he was too speedy. I ran into the hall and watched him run down the hallway towards the News Office. Later I heard he had been caught in the ladies bathroom (now I call it the "Rat Room") and I'm assuming he was let free in Cambridge.

Here's to you, Templeton, you livened up my day!

2 comments:

Boston Paynes said...

eeewwww !! I would have screamed, way to not be to girlie.

Elisabeth said...

What is it with rodents around here lately? I guess they're all coming in from the cold!
E