Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's Girl Scout cookie time!


















Some of my coworkers bought a few boxes of cookies and shared them today. Thin mints are still my faves and I've got two boxes of mints on order (where are they?!). Believe it or not, one year I sold the most boxes of cookies in Troop 833. I think my dad bought 40 boxes but hey -- that still counts! I have this recollection of our freezer being filled with boxes of cookies and they probably cost 50 cents a box.

Support the Girl Scouts!

8 comments:

Dawnyel said...

I LOVE thin mints! (And your picture is just ADORABLE!!)
What exactly do the girl scouts do with the money they raise selling cookies?? I was never a scout, so I don't know!

Queen Elizabeth said...

That picture is PRECIOUS! I am also eagerly awaiting the thin mints (although my thighs aren't!!! ;)

Melanie said...

Thin mints are my faves (but you have to leave them in the freezer to get hard and cold,) followed closely by the Tagalongs aka Peanut Butter Patties.
I liked it better when the cookies had ethnic names, like Samoas. It made you want to know what "Samoa" was... as you greedily inhaled the chocolate coconuty goodness.

Anonymous said...

I was a girl scout too! The thin mints are still my favorite after they have been in the freezer. I ordered a few boxes, but I just couldn't wait....I ended up buying even more at the station and eating them on my drive home!

African Kelli said...

how adorable are you? MY GOSH! Love it EP. :)

Anonymous said...

You are too cute as a Girl Scout! One of my favorite quotes about the cookies comes from the Adams Family - the daughter asks "Are they made from real Girl Scouts?". :)

Elisabeth said...

You're so cute Ellen!
Who did you buy them from because I want some!

TXlaps said...

Why have I not see that picture before!!