Friday, February 09, 2007

fancy pants

I love jeans. I love dresses too. I've just never been one to mix and match nice pants and blouses. I started my new job on December 6th and I've worn either a dress or skirt/sweater every day--until today--when I wore nice pants for the first time! My friend has given me lots of hand-me-downs and I got the nice pants from her.

This morning while walking to work from the subway I was remembering that my Grandmother Pitchforth, who was born in 1898 and lived to be 94 (and whose phone number was 6--see my 1/23/07 entry) never wore pants. Never ever. She wore a dress (and apron) every day of her life. I remember asking her once about wearing pants and she told me that Grandfather Pitchforth wouldn't approve.

We've come a long way, Granny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She always told me that too. But, I have seen ONE photo of her wearing pants--when she climbed Mt. Nebo.