Friday, July 09, 2010

Four Corners






















The summer I turned 13 my Cadet Girl Scout troop took a bus to the Circle K Ranch (run by a Mormon family). This picture was taken at Four Corners (the one place in America where four states border) on our way to Dolores, Colorado. It was a great trip even though I got tonsillitis and was scared of the horse I was saddled with all week. At one point we were riding to a cookout and a roll of foil fell out of someone's backpack and rolled open and freaked the horses out. And, one of the horses rode through a river with a girl (scout) on its back. It was a week of adventures, campfire songs, day trips (Mesa Verde, Telluride), s'mores and good memories. It made selling all those Girl Scout cookies worth it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gotta love sitting in 4 states at once! : )

Blue said...

i went there when i was 12...but have you heard the news?

Janae said...

I love that picture.