Friday, July 16, 2010

Suiting up



















I'll be away this weekend probably spending lots of time in the swimming pool (tomorrow's predicted temperature is 94). I've (finally) got a new swimming suit. It has a skirt. My last suit was purchased at Filenes the year I moved to Boston (circa 1988). One of my friends said it was an antique.

segue...

My mom was a Den Mother. One summer the Cub Scouts had a swimming outing and my mom wore her suit: a dress, bottoms, and a belt. I guess that's a 3-piece. One of the Cubs said, "Sister Patton, when are you going to put your swimming suit on?" She replied, "This is my suit."

Note: that's me with the gut and the sagging strap.

4 comments:

LL said...

ADORABLE!!!
i love little guts and "cheeks" on little kids in swim suits!
HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND!

Camille said...

oh my gosh, i love that pic! have fun sportin' your new suit!

Chelsi Ritter said...

i love the gut (i had one of those too), and the pictures below with your cheek hanging out! classic!

Leslie said...

Spandex is a blessing.