Friday, July 30, 2010

Watah heatah


















My neighbor called me at work today to tell me that my water heater leaked water into the town Senior Center this afternoon (it is below my condo--and Friday is BINGO day!) and the fire department turned it off. They put something under the window to open it and popped (and broke) the lock. So I only have cold water in the kitchen faucet, I need a new water heater, and thank goodness for some water in my year's supply (which isn't a year's supply) so I can wash my hands in the bathroom. Fortunately for me my water heater is in my crawl space (and the floor is the old auditorium floor which slopes) and it appears that I have no damage). Unfortunately for my next door neighbor, the water leaked into his crawl space which now has soaked carpeting. It's time to go water heater shopping.

No comments: